Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcome to Tr00 Media!

Image courtesy of Peter Beste

If you're reading this and you don't know me (awesome!), my name is Brad Sanders and I'm a journalism major at Indiana University in Bloomington. As you can probably tell by the outstretched arms of Ringmaster Abbath a few inches north, this is the first post of my new metal blog. I decided to call it Tr00 Media as a play on New Media, if that isn't immediately obvious, and this was only after convincing myself that "Scream Bloggy Gore," "Bonded By Blog," and "Blogshyrkh (Mighty Ravendark)" were terrible names for a metal blog.

So what exactly will this blog be used for? Well, a lot of things, I hope. The goal is to do no less than one album review a week, a concert review every time I go to a metal concert (which unfortunately is not terribly often given my current geography and money situation), interviews with interesting metal people as the opportunities arise, along with the random link-sharing and soapbox-whining that blogs usually entail. Of course, this entire operation is just a front for the Heavy Metal Year-End Spectacular that I plan to unleash over two weeks in December, but you'll have to wait for that.

We're gonna have some fun together, reader. I'm going to get to write about heavy metal, and hopefully you're going to comment and argue with me about it. If you like what you're reading, please share this blog with your metal friends and metal family, and we'll get a groovy thing going in no time.

I'll leave you today with the words of the grim and frostbitten man who still looms above: "Come taste a tide/Where demons play the mind/On the wind-rippled steps/The everflowing streams of our enemies' blood run cold."

Please, come taste a tide.



No comments:

Post a Comment